Man who went to doctors with cough had 'world's largest kidney tumour' the size of a watermelon
Surgeons at New Delhi’s All-India Institute of Medical Sciences successfully extracted the growth - which they claim is the world's largest - during a five hour operation.
Kapleshwar Lal Das, 66, from New Delhi, arrived at the hospital complaining of discomfort and a severe cough.
Barcroft
Dr Mukur Dipi Ray, who lead the team of surgeons carrying out the procedure, said: “Exploratory laparotomy was to done to figure out the huge abdominal mass.
“The tumour was massive - many times the normal size and was firmly adhered to liver and right side of colon.
Barcroft
After the five-hour operation, Mr Das said: "I used to be in great discomfort before the surgery, but I am relieved now. I can’t thank the doctors enough."
The 12lb kidney tumor smashed the previous record of 6lbs, which was removed in Delhi’s Sir Ganga Ram hospital.


No comments
Kindly drop your comments